THE GOLDEN BREAD



THE GOLDEN BREAD

The Golden Bread
The Golden Bread

Once upon a time in a tiny village, there lived a woman named Marion with her only daughter Narcissa. Marion was extremely humble and sweet. Narcissa however was completely the opposite. She was beautiful beyond words. 


She was like a living doll and the most amusing part is she loved herself to no ends.
She was like a living doll

Mom:
Narcissa! would you help me bake the bread?

Narcissa:
Huh! No way mom! The flour may dull my bright and sparkly eyes.

Mom:
Narcissa! Would you help me plant these seeds?

Narcissa:
But why would I do that. What have I got all that dirt on my lovely fingers worse? Worse! if it went onto my face.

Well that was the problem with Narcissa she thought herself too great to do any work. Many suitors came to ask for narcissus hand in marriage since her beauty was known far and wide but she rejected them all very rudely.

Mom:
Why did you send those men away yesterday? They seemed nice.
You can't be serious mom. One of them had such small eyes almost like a bird's and the other had a huge nose. I wouldn't want to be near him when he sneezed. EEWWW! Oh! Oh! and the last.

Mom:
Stop! No! I don't want to hear any more. All I could see was that, those men were really nice. My dear! you must know that beauty isn't everything.

Narcissa:
Mother you have to realize I deserve someone like a prince or a knight!

Mom:
Oh dear!

One night when she was sleeping, her mother sat at her side watching her.

 But you do not care anything other then your beauty
Mom:
My dear child you are so beautiful and lovely but you do not care about anything other than your beauty.

At that moment Narcissa started to laugh in her sleep. Her mother was extremely surprised how nice! she must be having a really funny dream.

The next morning when Narcissa woke up she was all smiles and giggles.
Narcissa's Dream
Mom:
Here sweetheart! Tell me what you dreamed about last night.

Narcissa:
Oh mom! It was such an amazing dream. you know there was the prince who came up to me and said that he wanted to marry me. He had come in a GOLDEN CARRIAGE…UHHH and he was dressed from top to bottom and gold as well.

Mom:
What a silly dream….

Narcissa:
And you know! The best part of it was, when I was in my wedding dress which was of gold too of course. Everyone was staring at only me.

Mom:
Narcissa there is nothing amazing about that dream it was a very egotistical dream mom you don't know what you're saying that dream has made me realize that I need food much grander than the type I eat here at home. Bread made of GOLD! Just think of that.

Both of them were magical beingsPoor Narcissa's mother was so worried about her daughter and how she would live her life. That day two friends came to visit Narcissa’s mother. They were Mellie and Terry. The three of them had been friends for ages but Terry and Mellie had a secret both of them were magical beings. Something that Narcissa's mother knew nothing about.

Mom:
Terry! Mellie! Oh it's so good to see you! It’s been very long hasn't it?

Mellie:
So long! How have you been?

Mom:
I have been very good I would have been better if only…

Terry:
If only what?...

Mom:
If only my daughter Narcissa was a little more understanding?

Marian told Mellie and Terry all about Narcissa and how she was worried for her she wants to eat bread made of gold. What do I do with her…..

Terry:
Well maybe if her dream comes true. That would be wonderful. wouldn't it?
Mom:
Well no matter, I guess in time she will grow to learn. Let's talk about something else now..

That night both mother and daughter got ready to bedLater on Mellie and Terry waved goodbye to their old friend and went away smiling to each other secretively. That night both mother and daughter got ready for bed.

Narcissa:
Mother, I really hope my dream comes true you know...

Mom:
Oh! Narcissa…


The next day as Narcissa and her mother were outside in their garden. A beautiful golden carriage came riding up to them. It was studded in gems and diamonds and looked extremely stunning as it stopped a handsome man came out of it and looked at Narcissa. She was completely taken aback at how handsome he was?

Narcissa:
Mom! Mooom! My dream is actually coming TRUE!!!

Mom:
Umm…..What???

Terrence (Terry):
Hello I have come here to ask for Narcissa’s hand in marriage.

Mom:
But how do you know her name and who are you?

Terry:
I am Terrence the angel of good fortunes your daughter's name and beauty is known throughout the world. Here I've brought you a gift.

Narcissa:
Ohhhhh!Uhhhh! I would love to marry him.

Mom:
What but you hardly know him! You can't go with him!!

Narcissa:
Oh how silly? He’s rich! and handsome what more could I want. Terrence, I accept your proposal.
An with that, she got into his carriage
And with that she got into his carriage and without even saying goodbye to her mother rode off with the angel. As they were travelling the carriage suddenly entered a magical portal there. It traveled through a stormy area the carriage bumped around tremendously and Narcissa was very scared.

Narcissi:
Oh! Dear! Oh no! What is this?

Terry:
Hahahahahahahaha… Don't worry my dear! All of this will soon be over just.


And just he said this the carriage went through another portal
As he said this the carriage went through another portal and reached the driveway of a huge and magnificent golden castle. Narcissa was amazed at all the beauty she saw…

Narcissa:
I knew I deserve so many riches.



Terry:
I knew you'd like it. Anything you want you will find here, from the prettiest of dresses to the tastiest of foods. All of it in my palace.

Narcissa:
WAOW! Speaking of food, I'm really hungry after that ride. I'm starving. Can I have any of that tasty food. Of course! Here meet melly… Melissa! She will get you whatever you want.

Melly:
I've heard so much about you. You poor dear. You're hungry aren't you. Come let's go to the dining table and I'll get you some food.

Narcissa:
Oh! Thank you.

They went into the dining room and there on the table was the most astounding food, Narcissa had ever seen.

Narcissa:
That food looks amazing.

Terry:
That's because it is! The jams are made of rubies, the salads of emeralds and the bread over there.. is made of GOLD!

Narcissa:
Golden bread. How lovely this Jam? Will look and taste lovely with the bread.

She took a slice with the Ruby jam on it and took a huge bite.

Narcissa:
Uhhhh...awhhh, this is so hard, I can't eat this.

The Dinning Table
Melly:
Well it is bread made of gold and the finest too but if you can't eat it. should I get you silver bread.

Terry:
Silver….huh why don't you eat something else.

Narcissa:
But I want normal bread, which I can eat. Don't you have that .

Melly:
Nope! The wife-to-be of my sire shall only eat gold! You must only eat the best!

She soon started to cry
Narcissa looked at all the food but was heartbroken for everything there was inedible. She soon started to cry. Oh let me go. I don't want this.

Melly:
But the food is really good! Here try some golden potatoes. They’re really good.





Terry:
And after you're married to me, you'll have to eat all of this. I thought you liked fancy things. hahahahhaha.

Melly:
Mellisa and Terrance looked at each other and winkedNo I don't want to marry you! I want to go home to my mother. Let me go hoooomee!

Melissa and Terrence looked at each other and winked.

Terry:
Well if that's really what you want, then I'll take you home.



Terrence took the crying and unhappy.

Terry took the crying and unhappy Narcissa to home
Narcissa in the carriage. She started to think deeply about the choices she had made. When she reached home. She ran to hug her mother, who was sitting in the house sad.

Narcissa:
Mom! Mooomm!!! I am back…



Mom:
Narcissa! O my sweet daughter! I thought I'd never see you again.

Narcissa:
Looks and Riches are not every thing
Oh mom! I love you so much! and you were right! Looks and riches aren't everything. The gold bread was useless, as I couldn't eat it. And the man even though he was handsome, he didn't care for me at all.

Mom:
But my dear do you realize that that is exactly the way you treated others.

Narcissa:
I know I'm so sorry for the way I acted mom!

Mom:
Oh no it's alright since you've seen what your mistake was. Come let's feed you something nice.

She struggled at first but slowly and patientlyFrom that day onward, Narcissa changed her ways she struggled at first but slowly and patiently she started to become a lot nicer one day. Mellie and Terry came to meet Marian (Mom) again.

Marian:
Oh hello you two!





Terry:
So tell us Marian, How's Narcissa? Now Marian told them both everything that had happened and she's changed so much from that time.

I guess she would not want any more gold bread now

Terry:
Has she…hahahahhhah! I guess she wouldn't want any more gold bread now? Huh?

Mom:
You know Terry you actually look a little like that angel. Ohhh! What am I saying? How could you be him. You two are so nice hahahahhahahahaha….

The end.

LESSON:

BEAUTY AND LOOKS ARE NOT EVERYTHING...


Keep commenting if you enjoyed...

Comments

Post a Comment